sunnuntai 2. kesäkuuta 2013

Scenery objects

Today I also started making one of the most difficult yet most common scenery object: tree. I selected pine as first. Difficulty with trees comes from the fact that trees are very very complex entities and since there are huge amount of them in a typical scenery the polygon amount should not be too much. I have tried SpeedTree as possible solution for making trees but I wasn't satisfied with results so I decided to build one from scratch. After I had premiliary trunk ready I started with projecting detailed version of one branch to very simple model.
Pic 1. Initial 35000 polygon model of a branch.

Pic 2. Projected texture of tree building blocks

 Pic 3. Projected texture on simple 24 polygon model

Pic 4. Many branches combined from simple branch building blocks
Pic 5. Trees in railworks

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti